NT2540 : Old Parish Church of Peebles

taken 11 years ago, near to Peebles, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Old Parish Church of Peebles
Old Parish Church of Peebles
The Old Parish Church of Peebles is the main church in Peebles, Borders. It is a congregation of the Church of Scotland. Dedicated on 29 March 1887, it lies at the end of the High Street. The church was constructed between 1885 and 1887 at a cost of 9,500. It includes some features from an earlier parish church built on the site in 1784. The architect was William Young of London who designed the church in a Gothic style.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mr H and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2540, 755 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 August, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 29 August, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 250 404 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:39.0848N 3:11.5847W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 250 404
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 94 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register