2006

TQ0547 : Church of St Peter and St Paul, Albury

taken 18 years ago, near to Albury, Surrey, England

Church of St Peter and St Paul, Albury
Church of St Peter and St Paul, Albury
At TQ050476. This church was provided by the owner of the estate, Henry Drummond, in 1842 after he had closed the ancient parish church in Albury park. He asked that it be a copy of the church at Thaon in Normandy, and was disappointed when he found that it had been built in brick instead of stone. The architect was William McIntosh. The apse and transepts were added in the same style in 1868.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Church
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Albury Church [26] · Albury Park [15] · St Peter St Paul [9] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
TQ0547, 153 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Humphrey Bolton   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 8 April, 2006
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 050 476 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:13.0773N 0:29.8776W
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for TQ0547)
This page has been viewed about 126 times
You are not logged in login | register