SD9524 : Chapel House, Rodwell End, Stansfield

taken 11 years ago, near to Eastwood, Calderdale, Great Britain

Chapel House, Rodwell End, Stansfield
Chapel House, Rodwell End, Stansfield
Malcolm Bull's 'Calderdale Companion' gives the information that a Baptist meeting house was built here in 1704. They sold it to the Methodists, but is closed in 1783. It was rebuilt in 1860-5 (the present building), but was sold to the Stead Brothers in 1875. It thus escaped being shown as a 'place of worship' on Ordnance Survey maps as after the 1854 first edition there was no new edition until the 1890s.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9524, 153 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 1 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 October, 2009
Category
Chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 957 249 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:43.2294N 2:3.9984W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 957 249
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 159 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register