SJ3495 : Christ Church, Bootle

taken 10 years ago, near to Bootle, Sefton, Great Britain

Christ Church, Bootle
Christ Church, Bootle
Christ Church was built in 1866 by P J Mather of Bootle Hall as a memorial to his daughter. Faced in red sandstone, which probably came from Woolton quarry the same source as Liverpool Cathedral. The eight bronze bells previously hung in Emmanuel Church, Everton, prior to its demolition in 1972. The six steel bells originally hung in the tower are now in St Mary's, Hale near Liverpool airport.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3495, 85 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 August, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 7 November, 2009
Category
Church (Church of England)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 348 951 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.9330N 2:58.9648W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 347 950
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 699 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register