NY5261 : St. Martin's Church

taken 12 years ago, near to Brampton, Cumbria, Great Britain

St. Martin's Church
St. Martin's Church
The church was rebuilt in 1878 and is famous as the only church designed by the Pre-Raphelite architect Philip Webb. Almost all of its stained glass windows were designed by Burne-Jones. {Source: Leaflet "Brampton Town Trail".} See also NY5261 : St Martin's Church, Front Street, Brampton (photo by Humphrey Bolton) that gives a condensed version of Pevsner's description of the church.

See also the Wiki entry LinkExternal link. The church's website LinkExternal link includes a link to a pdf version of the information leaflet available in the church (it's under "Brief History").
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mike Quinn and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NY5261, 103 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 November, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 528 610 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:56.4991N 2:44.2845W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 528 610
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register