2010

NZ2464 : Cross House, Westgate Road

taken 14 years ago, near to Gateshead, England

Cross House, Westgate Road
Cross House, Westgate Road
Westgate Road is to the left and Fenkle Street to the right. The office building was the second Cross House on this narrow site. It was built in 1911 by the architects Cackett and Burns Dick using a revolutionary reinforced concrete structural system clad with Portland stone.
In front of the building is the statue of Joseph Cowen sculpted by John Tweed in 1906. Joseph Cowen (1831-1900) was a Newcastle Member of Parliament, and owner of the Newcastle Chronicle newspaper who founded the Tyne Theatre in 1867

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Offices > Offices
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Street [1109] · Newcastle [1022] · Buildings [688] · Newcastle upon Tyne [361] · Westgate Road [256] Other Photos: · Junction of Westgate Road and Fenkle Street ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NZ2464, 2467 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Andrew Curtis   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 5 February, 2010
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2457 6401 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:58.2065N 1:37.0639W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2460 6400
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 140 times
You are not logged in login | register