TF6830 : Dersingham, Norfolk

taken 15 years ago, near to Dersingham, Norfolk, Great Britain

Dersingham, Norfolk
Dersingham, Norfolk
In 1862 the Lynn & Hunstanton Railway (L&HR) opened a line connecting King's Lynn and Hunstanton. It merged with the West Norfolk Junction Railway in 1874 to form the Hunstanton & West Norfolk Railway which in turn was absorbed by the Great Eastern Railway in 1890. At the grouping in 1923 it came under the control of the LNER and BR closed it to all traffic on 5 May 1969.

At Dersingham, midway between the two towns, the station house, both platforms, buildings, canopies and signal box survive intact, in use as offices and stores for Semba Trading (builder's merchant's). See also TF6733.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ralph Rawlinson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF6830, 62 images   (more nearby search)
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 April, 2006   (more nearby)
Sunday, 21 May, 2006
Railway station (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 680 308 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:50.9097N 0:29.5987E
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TF6830) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1445 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
thumbs up icon
You are not logged in login | register