NS5565 : Old fountain on Govan Road

taken 10 years ago, near to Govan, Glasgow, Great Britain

Old fountain on Govan Road
Old fountain on Govan Road
At the corner of Water Row. See also NS5565 : Water Row.

Update: The fountain was restored shortly after this photo was taken.
Aitken Memorial Fountain
Restored in 2010 by Ballantine of Bo'ness LinkExternal link The Aitken Memorial Fountain was created in 1884 and is the only surviving example of the decorative, cast iron drinking fountains produced by Cruikshanks & Co.'s foundry at the Denny Works, Stirlingshire.

The fountain commemorates Dr. John Aitken (1838-1880), who provided medical care to the workers of the nearby Ibrox and Drumoyne collieries, and who served as the Police Surgeon and Medical Officer to the Burgh of Govan from 1864, until his death in 1880.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Thomas Nugent and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5565, 446 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 14 March, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 16 March, 2010
Category
Fountains (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 554 657 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:51.7861N 4:18.6672W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 554 657
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 38 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register