NZ2564 : Durant Road & Ellison Place

taken 11 years ago, near to Gateshead, Great Britain

Durant Road & Ellison Place
Durant Road & Ellison Place
Ellison Place was named after Cuthbert Ellison, Sheriff of Newcastle in 1544 and Mayor in 1549 and 1554.
No. 1 Ellison Place was used as accommodation of visiting judges in 1866 and became the City's second Mansion House in 1886.
No. 6 Ellison Place was the home of William Boutland Wilkinson (1819 - 1892) who was the inventor of reinforced-concrete building (using wire ropes to bind the concrete). A reinforced-concrete cottage was in this location until the 1950s.

On the right, over the car park, is MEA House, built in 1974 using similar technology NZ2564 : Ellison Place
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ2564, 917 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 March, 2010
Category
City scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2515 6468 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:58.5661N 1:36.5168W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2517 6461
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 90 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register