NJ9967 : Kinnaird Head Lighthouse

taken 11 years ago, near to Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Great Britain

This is 1 of 5 images, with title Kinnaird Head Lighthouse in this square
Kinnaird Head Lighthouse
Kinnaird Head Lighthouse
The old lighthouse at Kinnaird Head was built in 1787 inside the walls of a 16th century castle. It was the first lighthouse in mainland Scotland and it finally closed in 1991, replaced by a modern structure. Today it is part of the Scottish Lighthouse Museum and guided tours are offered to museum visitors. In the foreground some of the posts originally used for drying fishing nets have been decorated as an art project.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen McKay and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NJ9967, 140 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 8 May, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 16 May, 2010
Category
Lighthouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 998 676 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:41.9040N 2:0.2408W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 998 676
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 132 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register