NJ2365 : Spynie Palace

taken 9 years ago, 3 km from Salterhill, Moray, Great Britain

This is 1 of 6 images, with title Spynie Palace in this square
Spynie Palace
Spynie Palace
Spynie was the principal residence of the bishopric of Moray until the office of bishop was abolished by the Scottish Church in 1686. The great tower - David's Tower, was begun by Bishop David Stewart in 1461, and completed by his successor in 1482.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mike Searle and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NJ2365, 49 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 8 May, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 22 May, 2010
Category
Bishop's Palace   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 231 658 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:40.5602N 3:17.4617W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 230 658
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 38 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register