SJ3590 : Lewis's - side door in Ranelagh Street

taken 10 years ago, 3 km from Liverpool, Great Britain

Lewis's - side door in Ranelagh Street
Lewis's - side door in Ranelagh Street
Looking across Ranelagh Street towards the side of Lewis's on the day it closed - 29th May 2010. In between the two doors is the plaque commemorating the founder - David Lewis SJ3590 : Lewis's - plaque for founder David Lewis
Lewis's Liverpool

David Lewis opened his first store in Liverpool in 1856. Other stores were opened around the country but finally the last store to trade under this name was the one in Liverpool. Lewis's department store closed its doors for the last time on 29th May 2010. It is reported that the building will undergo a 35 million pound refurbishment. For more information see LinkExternal link

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John S Turner and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3590, 680 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 May, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 June, 2010
Category
Department store   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3501 9025 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.3029N 2:58.7417W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3500 9027
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 126 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register