2010

NY4504 : St. Cuthbert's Church

taken 14 years ago, near to Kentmere, Cumbria, England

This is 1 of 2 images, with title St. Cuthbert's Church in this square
St. Cuthbert's  Church
St. Cuthbert's Church
Until the turn of the 18th century Kentmere had only a chapel and villagers were expected to travel all the way to Kendal to marry and for baptisms and burials. In 1701 the curate of Kentmere was finally granted permission to carry out burials locally which meant a loss of burial fees for Kendal church.

The tower was added in 1866.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Garratt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Church
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Kentmere Village [13] · St Cuthbert's Church [13] · Burial [2] Title Clusters: · St. Cuthbert's Church [2] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NY4504, 70 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Mick Garratt   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 25 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 28 July, 2010
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 456 040 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:25.7589N 2:50.3568W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 457 039
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 36 times
You are not logged in login | register