NT2574 : Edinburgh Architecture : The Royal Bank of Scotland, St Andrew Square

taken 10 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Edinburgh Architecture : The Royal Bank of Scotland, St Andrew Square
Edinburgh Architecture : The Royal Bank of Scotland, St Andrew Square
The centrepiece of the east side of St Andrew Square, at the east end of the central axis of James Craig's New Town, this building, for long the head office of the Royal Bank of Scotland, was designed by William Chambers in 1771 as a house for Sir Lawrence Dundas.

In 1794 the Excise Office acquired the building, adding the gilt Royal Arms (pre-1801 version) to the pediment. The Royal Bank bought the building in 1825.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard West and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2574, 1458 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 4 September, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 September, 2010
Category
Bank (financial institution)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 256 741 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.2762N 3:11.5091W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 256 741
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 190 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register