TQ5839 : Romanoff lodge

taken 11 years ago, near to Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Great Britain

Romanoff lodge
Romanoff lodge
Built in 1852 by Thomas Allfree on the site of a late eighteenth century cottage occupying, along with Castle Cottage, the site of old gravel or sand pits. Allfree was the proprietor of Romanoff House School (occupying the building in London Road now known as Vale Towers), founded by him in the 1830s; the present Rose Hill School is in lineal descent. Allfree used the name Romanoff because he had been a tutor to the Russian royal family.

Thanks to Nigel Chadwick for the information.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Gillett and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5839, 5282 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 September, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 11 September, 2010
Category
Cottage   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 58056 39086 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:7.7549N 0:15.4467E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 58069 39107
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 116 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register