TQ7076 : Top of Cliffe Fort

taken 9 years ago, 3 km from Church Street, Kent, Great Britain

Top of Cliffe Fort
Top of Cliffe Fort
Concrete World War II additions at the top of the fort.
Cliffe Fort
Built in the 1860's, Cliffe Fort is a Royal Commission fort on the edge of the Cliffe marshes on the Hoo Peninsula in north Kent to protect against invasion. Directly opposite across the Thames on the Essex side is Coalhouse Fort completed in 1874.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Oast House Archive and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ7076, 144 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 9 October, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 9 October, 2010
Geographical Context
Defence, Military 
Primary Subject of Photo
Defences 
Category
Fort   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 706 767 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.8337N 0:27.3407E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 706 767
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Fort 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 192 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register