NT5734 : Leaderfoot Viaduct

taken 12 years ago, near to Newstead, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

This is 1 of 22 images, with title Leaderfoot Viaduct in this square
Leaderfoot Viaduct
Leaderfoot Viaduct
The 19-arched Leaderfoot Viaduct (or Drygrange Viaduct) was built in 1865 by Charles Jopp and Messrs Wylie and Peddie for the Berwickshire Railway, and formed part of the line which connected Newtown St Boswells and Reston. Regular passenger traffic on the Leaderfoot ceased in August 1948 following severe flooding. Thereafter, the viaduct was only used by freight trains travelling as far as Greenlaw. This continued until 19 July 1965 when the line was finally closed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Euan Nelson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT5734, 206 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 October, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 October, 2010
Category
Viaduct   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 573 347 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:36.2416N 2:40.7569W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 575 346
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 33 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register