SJ9629 : The Folly

taken 8 years ago, near to Salt, Staffordshire, Great Britain

The Folly
The Folly
This folly in Sandon Park was originally one of the Italianate towers on the roof of Trentham Hall. It was bought by Lord Sandon and re-erected here when Trentham Hall, the Midlands seat of the Duke of Sutherland, which had been abandoned in 1905 due to the expansion of and pollution from the Potteries, was finally pulled down 1912.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Huguet and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9629, 24 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 16 November, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 29 January, 2011
Category
Folly   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 962 292 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:51.6218N 2:3.4730W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 962 292
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 128 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register