ST7684 : Ambulatory at Horton Court

taken 11 years ago, near to Horton, South Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Ambulatory at Horton Court
Ambulatory at Horton Court
The ambulatory or loggia (similar to a cloister) was built for William Knight after his return from Italy in 1527-9. Knight went to Rome in 1527 to
act for Henry VIII in his divorce case and it is thought that he observed such
structures in Italy.

Picture taken during a National Trust volunteers' meeting. The property is occasionally open to the public. See LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rick Crowley and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST7684, 96 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 17 February, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 February, 2011
Category
Cloisters   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 765 849 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:33.7815N 2:20.3725W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 766 849
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for ST7684)
This page has been viewed about 191 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
Background for photo viewing: White / /
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register