SE7089 : St Chad's, Hutton-le-Hole

taken 8 years ago, near to Hutton-le-Hole, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

St Chad's, Hutton-le-Hole
St Chad's, Hutton-le-Hole
Built in 1934.
"Records show that at the end of the nineteenth century services were being held in the village schoolroom. Then, in 1901 a disused Congregationalist chapel, known as Zion Chapel, next to the site of the present church, was purchased by the parish, and this was dedicated to St Chad. In 1934 this was replaced by the present building, and dedicated once again to St Chad. It is a chapel-of-ease of Lastingham." From the Lastingham group of Churches website. LinkExternal link
The church, designed by Mr Priestley Cooper is built of stone from Oxclose Quarry.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Pauline E and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE7089, 176 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 10 April, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 12 April, 2011
Category
Church (Anglican)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 70603 89926 [1m precision]
WGS84: 54:18.0045N 0:54.9962W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 70571 89921
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 32 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register