SU9185 : The Fountain of Love at Cliveden

taken 8 years ago, near to Cookham, Windsor And Maidenhead, Great Britain

The Fountain of Love at Cliveden
The Fountain of Love at Cliveden
Cliveden is the third house on the site. The first two burned down and the current house was built by Sir Charles Barry for the Duke of Sutherland. The site where the gardens are was levelled during the reign of Charles II for the Duke of Buckingham. The house is now a hotel but the house and gardens are owned by the National Trust. Viscount Astor bought the house in 1893 from the Duke of Westminster and the Fountain of Love at the end of the Grand Avenue from the house was made for Lord Astor.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Marathon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU9185, 106 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 June, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 12 June, 2011
Category
Fountain   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9107 8556 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:33.6946N 0:41.2577W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9105 8555
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 135 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register