NZ3354 : Penshaw Monument

taken 9 years ago, near to Penshaw, Sunderland, Great Britain

This is 1 of 21 images, with title Penshaw Monument in this square
Penshaw Monument
Penshaw Monument
Penshaw Monument (officially The Earl of Durham's Monument) is a folly built in 1844 It is dedicated to John George Lambton, first Earl of Durham and the first Governor of the Province of Canada. It was designed by John and Benjamin Green and built by Thomas Pratt of Sunderland, based on the Doric order. The Monument is the best preserved model of a Doric Hexastyle temple in Britain. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alexander P Kapp and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ3354, 57 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 26 May, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 12 June, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 3339 5438 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:52.9839N 1:28.8647W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 3344 5438
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Folly 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 32 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register