SD9138 : The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Trawden

taken 8 years ago, near to Trawden, Lancashire, Great Britain

The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Trawden
The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Trawden
Trawden Church was built in 1846 on land given by James Pilling Foulds of Trawden Hall. It was built from local stone taken from the quarries at Rock Lane and named Saint Mary's in honour of Mary Foulds of Trawden Hall.

The clock was erected in 1889, the Jubilee Year of Queen Victoria, at a cost of 60 plus 10 for erection. It was originally made for a church tower in Yorkshire. LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9138, 127 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 July, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 4 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 9110 3856 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:50.5924N 2:8.2048W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 9110 3860
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
19th Century  Nineteenth Century  Church of England  Parish Church  Anglican  Church  Place of Worship 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 87 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register