SD3177 : Ulverston Canal

taken 7 years ago, near to Canal Foot, Cumbria, Great Britain

This is 1 of 3 images, with title Ulverston Canal in this square
Ulverston Canal
Ulverston Canal
Opened in 1796, the construction of Ulverston Canal was a means of providing the town with direct access to the sea and to facilitate trade with Glasgow, Liverpool, Preston and Cardiff. The canal was last used commercially in 1916 and abandoned completely in 1945.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Euan Nelson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3177, 28 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 16 August, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Derelict, Disused  Canals 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3128 7769 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:11.4211N 3:3.2798W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3128 7769
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register