SJ8712 : Park House, 2 Park Lane, Lapley, Staffordshire

taken 7 years ago, near to Lapley, Staffordshire, Great Britain

Park House,  2 Park Lane, Lapley, Staffordshire
Park House, 2 Park Lane, Lapley, Staffordshire
Known locally as Lapley Castle, this is a building that would not be out of place in a large estate; instead it is in a narrow lane in Lapley.

According to the Grade II listing it was mainly built around 1860 (Pevsner suggests 1867, but incorporating remnants from the late 18th century) for Colonel G. S. Tudor, a supporter of the Rifle Volunteer Movement, "which presumably determined the castellated style. He also erected Fort St George nearby, to which troops were marshalled and exercised".

A report in the Wolverhampton Express and Star in 2007, when the property changed hands, lists the accommodation as including eight bedrooms, a 32ft great hall with oak panelling and a tower room.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Malpass and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8712, 28 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8752 1281 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:42.7682N 2:11.1703W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8750 1282
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 243 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register