SK6274 : Chapel of Our Lady - Clumber Park

taken 7 years ago, near to Hardwick Village, Nottinghamshire, Great Britain

Chapel of Our Lady - Clumber Park
Chapel of Our Lady - Clumber Park
The chapel of St. Mary the Virgin was commissioned in 1886 was built by George Frederick Bodley and completed by 1889 at a cost of 30,000.
The cruciform church has a 180 ft spire which rises out of an octagonal corona
and is in the second pointed style. The interior nave is plain but the chancel is decorated with carvings. All of the stained glass is by Charles Eamer Kempe.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Lobb and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK6274, 241 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Category
National Trust property   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 6266 7461 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:15.8877N 1:3.7219W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 6270 7455
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 115 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register