TL6706 : All Saints' Church, Writtle

taken 9 years ago, near to Writtle, Essex, Great Britain

All Saints' Church, Writtle
All Saints' Church, Writtle
13th C church built on an earlier church, was linked to the hospice of Santo Spirito in Rome. In 1391 Richard II seized the lands and they were sold to William of Wykeham, who linked them to New College, Oxford. After years of neglect, the tower fell down in 1800, and was rebuilt using the red brick seen today. There was much 19th C rebuilding and restoration. In 1974 and again in 1991 the church suffered from two damaging fires.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Julian P Guffogg and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL6706, 73 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 18 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Church (from Tags)
All Saints 
Place (from Tags)
Writtle 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 6775 0614 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:43.7328N 0:25.6551E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 6777 0616
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 87 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register