SJ7855 : Christ Church Alsager
taken 18 years ago, near to Alsager, Cheshire East, England
Christ Church Alsager
The first of two Anglian church buildings in the small town of Alsager.
Built and endowed in the year 1789 by three sisters, Margaret, Judith and Mary Alsager, of the Manor of Alsager. It is in the Palladin style popular in the late c18th.
The mother church at that time was the church in Barthomley, now a much smaller community than Alsager, and being three miles distant, with the roads very bad between, Christ Church was built for the convenience and comfort of tenants and others who found it difficult to attend at Barthomley.
Geograph (First for SJ7855)
· First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed