SO5305 : Former tollhouse on the western side of Bigsweir Bridge

taken 8 years ago, near to The Fence, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Former tollhouse on the western side of Bigsweir Bridge
Former tollhouse on the western side of Bigsweir Bridge
A plaque records that the tollhouse and the adjacent Bigsweir Bridge Link were built around 1820-1835 on behalf of the St Arvans - Redbrook Turnpike Trust. Although the building was renovated in 1981, it is now (December 2011) in a ruined state.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO5305, 104 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 December, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 6 December, 2011
Geographical Context
Roads, Road transport 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 538 051 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:44.5612N 2:40.2317W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 537 051
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Former Tollhouse 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 39 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register