NZ2566 : St Mary's Chapel, Jesmond

taken 9 years ago, near to Heaton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Great Britain

St Mary's Chapel, Jesmond
St Mary's Chapel, Jesmond
Built in the 12th Century, enlarged in the 14th. A place of pilgrimage in the Middle Ages. Sold by Edward VI to the City of Newcastle in 1549. It was returned to the City by Lord Armstrong in 1883.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Anthony Foster and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ2566, 165 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 17 December, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2593 6651 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:59.5503N 1:35.7758W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2591 6654
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 44 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register