NZ0772 : Stamfordham Village Hall

taken 9 years ago, near to Stamfordham, Northumberland, Great Britain

This is 1 of 3 images, with title Stamfordham Village Hall in this square
Stamfordham Village Hall
Stamfordham Village Hall
The original building was built as the Village School in 1879 and officially opened in March, 1880. It remained a centre of learning until 1974 when, due to overcrowding, it was replaced by a new school built on ground to the south, commissioned by the Northumberland Education Authority. The old school was taken over as a Village Hall by the Playing Field Committee in 1974. About four years later, the first enlargement of the Hall took place. An extension was built by opening the Hall southward between the east and west wings. In 1999, with a grant from the National Lottery for 230,000, the Hall was further refurbished and extended.
LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ0772, 81 images   (more nearby search)
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Sunday, 29 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Village, Rural settlement  Public buildings and spaces 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 0798 7208 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:2.5899N 1:52.5993W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 0794 7208
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
thumbs up icon
You are not logged in login | register