SJ8836 : Site of former Meaford Power Stations, Staffordshire

taken 7 years ago, near to Barlaston, Staffordshire, Great Britain

Site of former Meaford Power Stations, Staffordshire
Site of former Meaford Power Stations, Staffordshire
Meaford had two coal fired power stations, A and B.
A was opened in 1948 and demolished in 1982. B was opened in 1957 and demolished by 1996. The site is still almost entirely derelict in 2011.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Roger Kidd and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8836, 5 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 30 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Energy infrastructure  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 889 368 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:55.7229N 2:9.9531W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 889 369
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Power Station (Demolished) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for SJ8836)
This page has been viewed about 72 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register