SJ8837 : Site of former power stations at Meaford, Staffordshire

taken 7 years ago, near to Barlaston, Staffordshire, Great Britain

Site of former power stations at Meaford, Staffordshire
Site of former power stations at Meaford, Staffordshire
This is at the northern end of the site looking towards one of the two electricity sub-stations.

Meaford had two coal fired power stations, A and B.
A was opened in 1948 and demolished in 1982. B was opened in 1957 and demolished by 1996. The site is still almost entirely derelict in 2011.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Roger Kidd and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8837, 43 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 30 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Energy infrastructure  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 888 370 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:55.8534N 2:10.0062W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 889 370
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Power Station (Demolished) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 60 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register