ST1788 : Council offices, Bedwas

taken 8 years ago, near to Bedwas, Caerphilly/Caerffili, Great Britain

Council offices, Bedwas
Council offices, Bedwas
The name in glass above the doorway of these Newport Road offices is
BEDWAS TRETHOMAS MACHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL.
The original use of the building is recorded in stone above the doorway. It opened in 1914 for Bedwas and Machen Urban District Council (UDC), which was formed on October 1, 1912 from the parishes of Bedwas and Machen Upper, previously part of St Mellons Rural District. Bedwas and Machen UDC was abolished by the Local Government Act 1972, becoming part of Rhymney Valley District in Mid Glamorgan in 1974.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST1788, 82 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 5 March, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 1 February, 2012
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 172 885 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:35.3547N 3:11.7948W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 172 885
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Council Offices 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 42 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register