SS9596 : Derelict former Tabernacle chapel, Treorchy

taken 7 years ago, near to Treorchy, Rhondda Cynon Taff/Rhondda Cynon Taf, Great Britain

Derelict former Tabernacle chapel, Treorchy
Derelict former Tabernacle chapel, Treorchy
Located on the corner of Dumfries Street and Luton Street. The inscription in stone at the top of the building shows TABERNACL 1867. Tabernacl is the Welsh spelling. Curiously, the N is reversed, so that the diagonal line in the letter ascends from lower left to upper right. Formerly a Welsh Independent Congregationalist chapel later used by Methodists.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SS9596, 143 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 23 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 4 February, 2012
Geographical Context
Derelict, Disused 
Former (from Tags)
Chapel 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 957 969 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:39.6703N 3:30.5595W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 957 969
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 103 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register