SK5739 : Nottingham, The Bell Inn

taken 8 years ago, near to Nottingham, Great Britain

Nottingham, The Bell Inn
Nottingham, The Bell Inn
Verified as having been constructed around 1420. It was originally built as a refectory for the Carmelite monks of a monastery on Beastmarket Hill. It then became a secular alehouse in 1539 following the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII, taking its name from the Angelus bell that hung outside.

The cellars are hand carved caves of natural sandstone and there are two wells from which natural spring water was obtained. The cellars can be visited by arrangement.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Hallam-Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5739, 3053 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
December 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 March, 2012
Geographical Context
Sport, Leisure  Historic sites and artefacts  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5706 3991 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:57.2125N 1:9.1280W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5706 3991
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 50 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register