TQ3178 : Playground at Newington Butts

taken 10 years ago, near to Bermondsey, Southwark, Great Britain

Playground at Newington Butts
Playground at Newington Butts
A contemporary playground (c.2009) adjacent to the leisure centre (left).

Historical note: the playground occupies the site of the former St Gabriel Mission Church, built in 1874 within St Mary's churchyard to replace the old church which was about to be demolished for road widening. St Gabriel's was itself demolished in 1937. The site was sold for 4 to Southwark Council in 1939 and turned into a park - its value today if sold for development could easily be a million times that!
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3178, 331 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 March, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 17 March, 2012
Geographical Context
Sport, Leisure  Park and Public Gardens  City, Town centre 
Place (from Tags)
Newington 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3183 7883 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:29.5832N 0:6.1464W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3181 7883
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Childrens Playground  Church (Site Of) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 205 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register