2012
NS3477 : Auchenfroe Family Burial Ground
taken 14 years ago, near to Cardross, Argyll And Bute, Scotland

Auchenfroe Family Burial Ground
This structure is located in the kirkyard of NS3477 : Cardross Old Parish Church, and it is almost a twin of the nearby NS3477 : Edmonstone Burial Ground. Above the entrance is the inscription "John McInnes Esq. of Auchenfroe, 1837".
Inside is a stone "erected at the request of Miss McInnes in affectionate remembrance of Felicity Ogelvie her nurse, a native of the island of Carriacou in the West Indies", who died at Auchenfroe, "beloved and respected by all who knew her".
Inside is a stone "erected at the request of Miss McInnes in affectionate remembrance of Felicity Ogelvie her nurse, a native of the island of Carriacou in the West Indies", who died at Auchenfroe, "beloved and respected by all who knew her".
Cardross Old Parish Church
The first church on this site was erected in 1643-44; it replaced St Serf's Church – Link – as parish church of Cardross. It, in turn, was replaced by Cardross Old Parish Church (1826-27; architect James Dempster); see Link
(at Canmore) for details. It was damaged by WWII bombing (1941), and is no longer in ecclesiastical use. The present-day parish church is the nearby former Free Church (NS34467754) on Station Road.
