NT2473 : Edinburgh Filmhouse

taken 15 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

This is 1 of 2 images, with title Edinburgh Filmhouse in this square
Edinburgh Filmhouse
Edinburgh Filmhouse
The Edinburgh Filmhouse formerly Lothian Road Church. Apparently the building cannot be demolished since a former minister (deceased) is interred in the walls of the building. This is probably an ecclesiastical myth or if true it might have been a failed attempt to frustrate the Unions and Readjustment Committee.

Lothian Road Church was originally a congregation of the United Succession Church, and was officially opened on 29th May 1831. The building cost 3,350 and had seating for 1,300 people. The congregation became members of the United Presbyterian Church, the United Free Church, and then the Church of Scotland following the Union of 1929.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sandy Gemmill and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2473, 1821 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 4 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 14 December, 2006
Category
Cinema   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 248 733 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.8098N 3:12.3403W
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 124 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register