2012

NU2409 : Mortuary Chapel on south side of Church Hill

taken 12 years ago, near to Alnmouth, Northumberland, England

Mortuary Chapel on south side of Church Hill
Mortuary Chapel on south side of Church Hill
This little Mortuary Chapel was built 1869-70 at a cost of 177.6s.3d. raised by public subscription, as part of a plan to re-open the cemetery on Church Hill (site of the ancient parish church of St. Waleric, the remains of which were destroyed by the 1806 flood). The roof of the chapel was deliberately removed by the National Trust in recent times to deter squatters and is now a grade II listed building.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Russel Wills and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Coastal Religious sites Islands Derelict, Disused Estuary, Marine other tags: Mortuary Chapel Click a tag, to view other nearby images.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NU2409, 82 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Russel Wills   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 9 June, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 9 June, 2012
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 2457 0996 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:22.9801N 1:36.8258W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 24578 09982
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 346 times
You are not logged in login | register