2011
SS9668 : Llantwit Major town hall
taken 15 years ago, near to Llantwit Major, The Vale of Glamorgan/Bro Morgannwg, Wales
This is 1 of 4 images, with title Llantwit Major town hall in this square

Llantwit Major town hall
Located at the eastern end of Burial Lane, opposite the Old Swan Inn. Link
A blue plaque Link on the building records that this was a Norman manorial courthouse for the holding of courts leet (tenants) and baron (freeholders) for the manor of Boverton and Llantwit Major. It was rebuilt under the lordship of Jasper Tudor (1485-95); became a guildhall in the time of Henry VIII, then the bailiff's house. It was then leased in part to the St. Illtyd's lodge of the Oddfellows Society in 1845 and taken over by the first parish council in 1894.
A blue plaque Link on the building records that this was a Norman manorial courthouse for the holding of courts leet (tenants) and baron (freeholders) for the manor of Boverton and Llantwit Major. It was rebuilt under the lordship of Jasper Tudor (1485-95); became a guildhall in the time of Henry VIII, then the bailiff's house. It was then leased in part to the St. Illtyd's lodge of the Oddfellows Society in 1845 and taken over by the first parish council in 1894.
