SD5805 : The Parish Church of All Saints, Wigan

taken 9 years ago, near to Marylebone, Wigan, Great Britain

The Parish Church of All Saints, Wigan
The Parish Church of All Saints, Wigan
All Saints Church stands on a hill in the centre Wigan.

The oldest fabric in the church can be found in the lower parts of the tower which date from the later part of the 13th century with the belfry stage probably added in the 16th century.

Apart from than the tower, the north chapel, and two turrets between the chancel and the nave, the church was rebuilt between 1845 and 1850. At this time, another stage was added to the tower including clock faces and pinnacles.

For more information, please refer to LinkExternal link (Wigan Parish Church website).

The church is designated as a Grade II* listed building by English Heritage (LinkExternal link British Listed Buildings)
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD5805, 766 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 5 January, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 7 January, 2013
Geographical Context
Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 5814 0565 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:32.7485N 2:37.9920W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 5810 0565
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 90 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register