SD2876 : Swarthmoor Friends Meeting House

taken 8 years ago, near to Swarthmoor, Cumbria, Great Britain

Swarthmoor Friends Meeting House
Swarthmoor Friends Meeting House
A sixteenth-century building which was part of the Swarthmoor Hall estate. The house was given by George Fox to the newly-established Religious Society of Friends and forms an important link in the history of the Quaker movement. The inscription over the door reads EX DONO G.F. 1688.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rosalind Mitchell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD2876, 7 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 November, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 26 January, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe  Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 2840 7686 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:10.9499N 3:5.9156W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 2839 7684
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Quakers  Quaker Meeting House  Quaker Barn  Quaker Burial Ground 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 111 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register