J5182 : Demolition, Bangor

taken 7 years ago, 3 km from Groomsport, Northern Ireland

Demolition, Bangor
Demolition, Bangor
A plaque which was located outside the entrance to the assembly hall. It reads:
"This stone was laid by Samuel McKee Claney
Former pupil, chairman of the Board of Governors
March 1960".
It probably commemorates the building or opening of the extension built c1960.
Demolition of the former Bangor Grammar School
Bangor Grammar School LinkExternal link was located at College Avenue, Bangor, from 1906 until December 2012 when it moved to a new building on Gransha Road in the town. The vacant site was demolished in early 2013 pending redevelopment for "...apartments and erection of 43 dwelling units comprising a mix of detached and semi-detached, landscaping and associated car parking, site and access works" (DoE Planning Application ref W/2012/0103/F). The only part of the school retained is the former Crosby Building / Crosby House J5182 : Bangor Grammar School which will be converted for residential use.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rossographer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
J5182, 241 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 21 April, 2013   (more nearby)
Tuesday, 14 May, 2013
Geographical Context
Coastal  City, Town centre  Derelict, Disused 
Place (from Tags)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! J 510 821 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:39.8777N 5:39.5558W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! J 510 821
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 86 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register