2011
TF4766 : Former Burgh-le-Marsh Station Buildings
taken 15 years ago, near to Bratoft, Lincolnshire, England
This is 1 of 3 images, with title Former Burgh-le-Marsh Station Buildings in this square

Former Burgh-le-Marsh Station Buildings
In the small parish of Gunby, Burgh was on the East Lincolnshire Railway opening on 3rd September 1848 with two facing platforms and changed its name to Burgh-le-Marsh on 1st July 1923. The signal box by the road at the north end of the station is now converted to a private residence as are the other station buildings. Before the Skegness branch opened, visitors travelled by horse drawn bus from here to Skegness. Burgh-le-Marsh lost its goods service in 1966. After closure in 1970 it remained disused for many years until an antique shop and teashop opened in the mid 1980s. In the 1990s the goods shed housed a short lived railway museum and 10.1/4" miniature railway.
See other images of Former Burgh-le-Marsh Station Buildings
See other images of Former Burgh-le-Marsh Station Buildings
