NZ3668 : Beacon House, 1 Trinity Buildings, North Shields

taken 8 years ago, near to Tynemouth, North Tyneside, Great Britain

Beacon House, 1 Trinity Buildings, North Shields
Beacon House, 1 Trinity Buildings, North Shields
Number 1 Trinity Buildings was built in 1727 as a lighthouse for Trinity House, Newcastle upon Tyne. It was later converted into almshouses, and now a private house. Eroded plaque between first and second floors commemorates conversion to almshouses after building of new High Light in 1807. In 1536 Henry VIII empowered Trinity House, Newcastle upon Tyne, to build two lighthouses at North Shields. By 1807 changes in the river bed made a new lighthouse necessary to mark the safe approach and the new High Light was built.
LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ3668, 366 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 28 July, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 August, 2013
Geographical Context
Coastal  Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  Suburb, Urban fringe  Roads, Road transport  Docks, Harbours 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 3611 6845 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:0.5584N 1:26.2152W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 36113 68430
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 156 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register