J0346 : St Mark's, Ballymore parish church, Tandragee (3)
taken 13 years ago, near to Tandragee, Co Armagh, Northern Ireland

St Mark’s (Church of Ireland) sits on a height at the top of Church Street in Tandragee. The history may be found on the church’s website Link
. The following is a selective extract: “In February 1812 it is understood that the Church on the site was pulled down in order to build a bigger Church as the existing one had become too small for the congregation. During the building, parts of the old walls were disclosed and found to be over 4 foot thick and made of brick. The loopholes and embrasures showed evidence of a fire which records say took place in 1641. . . . . In 1846 the transepts and chancel were added . . . . External renovations and structural repairs were ongoing in the 1900’s and include pebble dash being removed from the outside walls in 1926 and the stones pointed”.
