2007

NZ0736 : Wolsingham railway station, County Durham

taken 17 years ago, near to Wolsingham, County Durham, England

Wolsingham railway station, County Durham
Wolsingham railway station, County Durham
Opened in 1847 by the Frosterley & Stanhope Railway, which soon became part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Bishop Auckland to Wearhead. The station closed to passengers in 1953 and completely in 1965.
It was reopened in 2004 by the Weardale Railway Company but regular services were suspended again in 2012. View east towards Harperley and Bishop Auckland.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Thompson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Weardale Railway [15] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NZ0736, 92 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Nigel Thompson   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 5 May, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 10 November, 2013
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 0761 3681 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:43.5734N 1:53.0018W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 0755 3681
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 98 times
You are not logged in login | register