SK3728 : Swarkestone Pavilion

taken 14 years ago, near to Swarkestone, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Swarkestone Pavilion
Swarkestone Pavilion
Swarkestone Pavilion, also sometimes known as Swarkestone Stand, was built around 1632 for the Harpurs of Swarkestone Hall (now demolished). It was attributed to the architect John Smythson. Its primary purpose was as a pavilion for the bowling green in the walled enclosure known as "The Cuttle", but also provided living accommodation. It is now owned by the Landmark Trust and is available as holiday accommodation.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jerry Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK3728, 77 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 13 January, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 March, 2007
Category
Pavilion   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 374 286 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:51.2482N 1:26.6909W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 374 286
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for SK3728)
This page has been viewed about 1145 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register