2014

SD4098 : St Mary's Church, Windermere

taken 10 years ago, near to Windermere, Cumbria, England

St Mary's Church, Windermere
St Mary's Church, Windermere
St Mary's Church was built in 1848 but hardly anything remains of the original chapel. A south aisle with round arches was added in 1852, a north aisle with pointed arches added in 1857, a nave west extension added in 1861, a north transept added in 1871, and finally the chancel, the tower, and the west end added in 1881-2.

The church was restored after a fire in 1988.
LinkExternal link Visit Cumbria

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · South Aisle with Round Arches was Added [2] Title Clusters: · St Mary's Church, Windermere [3] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
SD4098, 68 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
David Dixon   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 May, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 28 May, 2014
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 4097 9876 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:22.8538N 2:54.6209W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 4099 9878
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 60 times
You are not logged in login | register